A newsletter is a letter with the latest information or updates of a business. It is usually sent through email on a constant basis. The receivers of the it are usually the targeted customers or the potential customers of a company. It can ultimately help the company to raise traffic for its website or online store, and to boost sales.
There are several features of a newsletter, it could be related to any of the followings news of a company.
- Press release
- Product launch
- Discount or special promotion
- Updates of a new article on the blog of the company
The targeted customer and audience will be informed of the above-mentioned information updates by reading the newsletter with useful and effective content. Having a clearer picture of the company may help to increase the sense of loyalty of a customer.
Although the distribution of a newsletter has a really low cost, still we want to send out something with good quality and high effectiveness. In what ways can we write good content?
1. Start from thinking about the objective of it. What are you expecting the receiver to react to your newsletter? For example, do you want him/ her to visit your website, to use the coupon or discount for a new purchase or to simply inform the subscribers a change in policy? These very much determine what you should include in your newsletter.
2. The subject line: make the subject line attention-grabbing and eye-catching. This helps to increase the chance that the receiver does open and read the newsletter. You may pretend that you’re the receiver of the email. Read the subject line once and see whether you will want to open and read it.
3. Make good use of relevant images.
4. Be friendly and informative.
5. Beware of the timing and frequency. You should determine beforehand when and how often you will send a newsletter. Consistency is of paramount importance. Let the subscribers know about the promised frequency and do according to what is promised.
6. Don’t be too formal. Unless it is a newsletter concerning a crucial company announcement, otherwise try to use normal or even informal wordings to avoid making the it boring.